The College has established an Anti –Ragging Committee that keeps very alert to any instances of ragging, although there has never been any reported case of ragging on campus. The committee collects a written and signed affidavit from all students in the presence of their parents/guardians at the time of admission. The Committee is headed by a senior staff member.
The following are the Regulations for Prevention of Ragging
1. Ragging in all its forms shall be totally banned in SCC. The College shall take strict action including but not limited to criminal proceeding and/or cancellation of admission against those found guilty of ragging and /or of abetting ragging and the burden of proof shall lie on the perpetrator of alleged ragging and not on the victims. The College is bound by the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions 2009.
2. Depending on the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti- Ragging Committee of the College, those found guilty of ragging shall be liable for any one or more of the following punishments. The decision of the Anti-Ragging Committee shall be final and binding.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fee concession and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Debarring from representing the College in any fest, sports or other such events.
- Expulsion from the College and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Payment of fine amount determined by the Anti-Ragging Committee
- In the case of offences of very serious/grievous nature, referring the case to the Police, in addition to any other punishment.
- Collective punishment where the offence is committed collectively by a group or by a class when it is difficult or not possible to identify specific persons.