- Course Duration : 3 Years / Six Semesters
- The three-year regular degree in Commerce (B.Com) was launched at SCC in 2005 with the inception of the College. The course aims to nurture commerce professionals with high level of knowledge and competence to effectively contribute to the society with commitment and integrity.
- This six semester program provides a strong foundation level understanding of the functioning of business organizations, commercial transactions and of various specialized operations such as accounting, finance and marketing by offering a comprehensive curriculum. Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Electives are offered in the fifth and the sixth semesters.
- The students are encouraged to take up ICWAI, CA, ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) SAP (Systems Applications and Products) programs during the course. Classes are organized in the campus for these programs.
- Eligibility: 10+2 / Pre-University Course/Equivalent (During admissions, the College fixes minimum cut off marks from the qualifying examination).
Objective of the course
1. To develop skills and knowledge on a sound foundation of commercial activities in today's world.
2. To develop analytical skills and knowledge pertaining to practical accounting system.
3. To enhance good business communication skills to further activities in the growing world of opportunity to access markets.
4. To prepare students for the emerging e-commerce trends in global market.
Add on Courses Offered:
Certified Diploma in Practical Accounting (CDPA)
Certified Diploma in Banking & Finance (CDBF)
These courses are designed to enhance the knowledge of students in selected areas and acquire additional skills which would benefit them in the corporate world.
Course through Linkages with other Institutions
St. Claret College has established linkages with institutions of repute to provide job-oriented add on and supplementary course in order to improve students’ efficiency and competitiveness. The following are the courses for the commerce students:
|ICAI (Institute of Cost Accounts of India), Bangalore Chapter http://icmai.in/||Foundation and Intermediate Courses of ICAI|
|Samvit Academy http://www.samvitacademy.in/||Chartered Accountancy (CA) and Company Secretary (CS)|
|SAP, India SAP 01 & SAP B1 (Functional and Technical)||ISDC (International Skill Development Corporation) http://isdcglobal.org/|
|ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)||CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)|
|Talentease, Bangalore http://www.talentease.com/||The Headstart Advantage-U, imparting employability skills|
Clubs & Associations
Business Club: The mission of Business Club at St. Claret College is to provide an informal platform for commerce students to interact and to equip them with skills and competence required for their careers. The Club provides the students a comprehensive understanding of the cultural, financial, national and international issues that affect business activities. The club regularly organizes programmes like extension lectures, seminars and industrial interactive sessions to cater to the industrial demands.
Entrepreneurship Cell:E-Cell is established to manifest the latent entrepreneurial spirit of young students. It provides a platform to students who want to set up their own business and gives opportunities to connect with successful businessmen. It organizes workshops, sessions, innovative games and competitions. E-cell also runs an E-Store on campus which provides stationary items to cater to the needs of students and faculty in the campus.
Crescensia, Commerce Fest: Inter Collegiate Commerce Fest, Crescensia, is organized by the Department of Commerce. It seeks to simulate the bearings of business environment, thereby bridging the gap between the academics and corporate world. It provides a platform for participants to unveil and apply their talents to reach new heights
ED (Entrepreneurship Development) Workshop: In order to increase awareness of entrepreneurship, foster entrepreneurship culture and motivate the students to launch their start-ups, the Entrepreneurial Cell organises one day inter-collegiate ED workshop from 2012 onwards. As the cell always strives towards creating more number of entrepreneurs in the society, it concentrates on organizing workshop and E-Talks on the concept of entrepreneurship.
Extension Activities: The Department through its E-cell organizes a number of outreach programmes. It organized sessions on ‘Business Idea Generation” and a ‘Free Computer Training Programme’ for the homemakers of the neighbourhood. It also organized a variety of competitions for the parents who participated and won prizes. The department also conducted full fledged two level ‘Basic Spoken English programme’ for the homemakers of the neighbourhood.
The Placement and Career Guidance Cell (PCGC) of SCC, with its exclusive placement officer has been able to place the students in reputed companies. The students are given rigorous coaching throughout the three years both by resources from inside and outside to face the recruitment process. Many students of the department are placed in MNC’s such as Infosys, Wipro Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant, Samsung and HPthrough PCGC every academic year.