B. Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) Travel and Tourism (Vocational)
B.Com Travel & Tourism (Vocational) which was launched in 2014 at SCC is an intensive and comprehensive program spread over three years. With a strong foundation in commerce studies, the course specializes in tourism and travel management. The dynamic curriculum prepares a student to adapt to the demands and face the challenges of today’s hospitality industry. The course provides opportunities to students to connect with various bodies and associations within the hospitality industry to equip them professionally. The program has both theory and practical subjects as part of the syllabus.Classroom teaching is augmented with presentations, discussions, workshops, industrial tours, and visits to centres of heritage and culture to provide holistic education
Objectives of the course:
1. To inculcate professional standards among students as per the requirements of the ever changing travel& tourism industry.
2. To sharpen students’ analytical and decision making skills.
3. To develop and train the students with professional skills to adapt to the world of travel and tourism.
4. To organize regular industrial visits and tours for hands on experience and up-gradation of skills.
Features of the Course:
1. The course offers good theoretical knowledge and practical skills required for careers in business, commerce, travel, tourism, and hospitality industry.
2. Holistic development of students by training in soft and professional skills through creative projects and workshops.
3. The course has a strong industry and institute interface by organizing regular sessions with experts from the academia and industry.
4. Visit to exhibitions and fairs like IITM and places of culture &heritage.
- Organizing workshops and seminars related to travel &tourism.
- Celebration of World Tourism Day.
- Visit to exhibitions and fairs like IITM and TTF.
- Visit to Centres of Culture & Heritage.
- Industrial Tour.
- Regular sessions with experts from the academia and industry.
- Course Duration : 3 Years / Six Semesters
- PRO in organizations such as Dept. of Tourism
- Travel Agencies
- Tour Operators & Consultants
- Hospitality Industry – Hotel
- Tourism Promotion Office – KSTDC , ITDC
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Corporate World- HR, Marketing, Accounting, Exports, NGOs, etc.
- Eligibility: 10+2 / Pre-University Course/Equivalent (During admissions, the College fixes minimum cut off marks from the qualifying examination).
|Semester||Paper No.||Title of the Paper|
|I||1.4||Marketing & Services Management|
|I||1.5||Indian Financial System|
|I||1.6||Vocational Paper – I
|I||1.8||Indian Constitution and Human Rights|
|II||2.3||Advanced Financial Accounting|
|II||2.5||Vocational Paper- II
|II||2.6||Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions – I|
|II||2.7||Environmental and Public Health|
|III||3.5||Vocational Paper- III
Travel Agency & Tour Operator Organizations
|III||3.6||Quantitative Techniques for Business II|
|III||3.7||Public Relations & Corporate Communication|
|III||3.8||Skill Development Course|
|IV||4.2||a)English b) Corporate Communication|
|IV||4.3||Advanced Corporate Accounting|
|IV||4.5||E-Business & Accounting|
|IV||4.6||Vocational Paper – IV
Personal Selling and Salesmanship
|IV||4.7||Skill Development Course|
|IV||4.8||OJT – 1 (Field Trip Report)|
|V||5.1||Vocational Paper – V
Entrepreneurship Development Program
|V||5.3||Income Tax – I|
|V||5.5||Elective Paper – I|
|V||5.6||Elective Paper – II|
|V||5.8||OJT -2 (On the job Training Report)|
|VI||6.2||Vocational Paper – VI
Tourism Development Planning & Policies
|VI||6.3||Income Tax – II|
|VI||6.5||Elective Paper – III|
|VI||6.6||Elective Paper – IV|
|VI||6.8||Viva – Voce|