SCC’s hierarchy of core values
- Faith in God
Claretines shall come to recognize that there is an Absolute Being to whom they belong and in whose love they live, move and have their being. A loving, genuine, creative faith shall come to permeate their life choices.
Having come to believe that they belong to God, Claretines shall come to appreciate the need for justice in their relationships and in society. They shall work towards the realization and furtherance of justice in personal lives and society.
- Truthfulness & Personal Integrity
Claretines shall uphold Truthfulness and Personal Integrity in their lives and choices. Truth may hurt, but it eventually heals and gives life.
- Respectful Relationality
In their four-fold relationship - to God, nature, fellow human beings and oneself, they shall have an attitude of respect and reverence. For the whole creation manifests the handiwork of God.
Claretines shall commit themselves to study and professional training for the ultimate purpose of placing their skills and lives at the service of the fellow human beings and the society.
- Synergic Co-operation
Claretines shall prize co-operation and synergic collaboration in group for the realization of goals. Any healthy competition shall be supplemented by co-operation that is synergic [mutually enhancing and productive]. Personal glory oriented competition is not to be a Claretine value.
- Intellectual Competence
Every Claretine shall strive to the best of their ability to achieve intellectual competence, which would equip them to realize the creation of a civilization of love.
Objectives of SCC
- To provide for value-based, meaningful and productive higher education.
- To offer traditional, professional and employment-oriented regular courses and innovative add-on courses that will equip the youngsters for effective and fruitful personal and professional lives.
- To provide for on-going training, research and documentation at the service of knowledge and life enhancement, and community and nation building.
- To create a scientific temper, research rigor, holistic vision and leadership skills at the service of building up a better society.
- To impart basic human values of peace, love, justice, compassion, community-mindedness and a life of gratitude in the younger generation